what if writers did streams like artists did
I think it was a Monty Python sketch that showed an author writing with a commentary like a sports commentator.
“And he’s started writing… no, he’s just written his name at the top of the page. He’s written ‘the’, a very strong opening, used in several of his books. Oh, no, he’s crossed it out again.”
- “Ah, look, she’s opening the thesaurus again … perhaps she’s realized she used the same word six times in two paragraphs”
- “Now that sentence is lovely, an excellent example of her style in – oh, no, she’s deleting it, never mind”
- “This scene is clearly over, yet the brave author forges onward regardless…”
- “She’s really picking up steam now, the words just flowing out from her – she’s stopped midsentence for some reason and is opening Buzzfeed”
- “Choosing to google ‘which countries are nonextradition countries’ is a risk but it’s one some authors must take…”
When the writer narrates his own commentary:
@nellachronism we should do this for the patrons
@gaslightgallows I’ll bring the beer and the mindless drive to throw more characters and plot at you until something sticks, now with 100% more selkies and old women attached to mysterious organizations that is just my Hot Take on Colonialism is Bad.
I’ll wear a Greek chiton and yell from the couch, it’ll be SWELL.